Sunday, June 3, 2007

Reflection

Why did you choose the concepts you did to create your problem set?
Since I started the DEV project after my exam it was a bit easier to create and choose the concepts of my problem set. I chose the questions that I had the most trouble with on the AP exam. By tackling the questions I thought to be the hardest will really make it stick in my brain for when I take the course at the university. I wanted to challenge myself, and I did.

How do these problems provide an overview of your best mathematical understanding of what you have learned so far?
The questions I chose provides the best overview of my mathematical understanding as it shows that I am able to learn and annotate the most troubling problems that I think were. The problems I chose also span through all units of the course which also tells you about what I have learned so far.

Did you learn anything from this assignment?
Yes, I learned how to use spresent, and neat features of the blog I didn't know about. More valuably, I developed a greater understanding for the problems I chose to do through detailed annotations.

Was it educationally valuable to you? (Be honest with this. If you got nothing out of this assignment then say that, but be specific about what you didn't like and offer a suggestion to improve it in the future)
Educationally valuable, yes. I like the fact that being forced to focus on 4 set a problems will make you learn it inside and out. And for university it will be hard to forget because there was quite a bit a time invested. However, the time spent talking about the DEV project or actually doing it could have been used as time in preparation for the exam. For example, doing wiki assignments instead (because you don't have to spend time publishing to make it look nice, but still carries same thorough examination). Another possible suggestion is to make the DEV project partnered work. Not only is it less weight on your shoulders but by and by talking it out with one another will increases chances that the question is done right, and it will stick more in your head. Learning is a conversation after all ;).

No comments: